1. What is the HPTLC Association?
- An international, non-commercial, non-profit association according to Swiss law.
- Founded in 2012 in Switzerland as “The International Association for the Advancement of High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC Association)” by 15 scientists from 7 countries.
- In 2019, the Association has more than 100 members from 18 countries and 6 continents.
- Currently local chapters serve Australia, China, North America, Thailand, and the United Kingdom.
2. Our Mission
- To promote the use of HPTLC in plant analysis.
- To promote the use of HPTLC in various fields such as food, pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetic, and environmental analysis.
- To bring together HPTLC users and representatives from academia, industry, research, regulatory and standard-setting bodies.
- To contribute to the improvement of quality and quality control of traditional herbal medicines and herbal dietary (food) supplements.
3. Our Goals
- Develop and validate standards and methods for the analysis of plants and their adulterants.
- Develop and validate standards and methods for other analytical fields.
- Establish and maintain an “International HPTLC Atlas for Identification of Herbal Drugs (Atlas)” as a globally recognized reference tool for quality control.
- Serve the analytical community as the worldwide leading resource for scientifically sound information about HPTLC and provide expert training.
- Support pharmacopoeias and similar organizations with expertise, guidance, methods and validation data.
4. We want to make things happen!
- We liaise with scientific societies, professional associations, governmental agencies, as well as the industry.
- We organize scientific meetings and educational / training events.
- The HPTLC Association publishes educational materials, issues guidelines, and contributes to journals.
- We publish for free download: the “HPTLC Method Collection” and the “International Atlas for Identification of Herbal Drugs”.
5. Become a member of HPTLC Association!
- The HPTLC Association is an organization of individual members only. No corporate membership is available.
- Members consider themselves as ambassadors of HPTLC and contribute to achieving the Association’s mission on their own or their employer’s resources.
- Membership is free.
- Membership is exclusive and prestigious (please see our articles of incorporation and the bylaws).
See Become a Member
6. Become a sponsor or partner
Interested parties can support the activities of the Association as sponsor (providing direct financial support) or as partner (collaboration toward achieving common goals).